The Board of Management wishes to confirm the following report of items, completed by the current Board during the school year 2018-19.
The Board reviewed and ratified the following school policies:
- Phonics Plan for Junior Infants – 2nd Class
- Science & Geography Plan for 3rd-6th Class
- DEIS 3 Year Plan 2018-2021 – Year 1
- GDPR / Data Protection Policy
- Supervision of Pupils Policy
- Work Experience Policy
- Intimate Care Policy
- Management of Chronic Health Conditions at School Policy
- Whistleblowing (Protected Disclosures) Policy
- Child Safeguarding Statement & Risk Assessment (annual review)
- School Safety, Health & Welfare Policy (annual review)
- Admissions Form
The Board received grants from the Department of Education & Skills for the following:
- Early Start Equipment & Parental Involvement
- Early Start Capitation Grant
- Minor Works
- Capitation Grant
- Assistive Technology
- Concessionary Ancillary Payment
- Ancillary Services
- ICT Grant
- Standardised Testing
- School Books
- DEIS SSP
- School Lunch Scheme was provided by the Department of Social Protection
Outside of the necessary running cost of the school, the Board made financial investment and improvement in:
- Accelerated Reading resources
- Literacy Resources
- Provision of play therapy (PiPs)
- Minor Works to school building
- 60th Anniversary book
- Upgrading of school’s ICT system
The overall attendance rate for the school year was 92.8%.
- SNA Allocation
The allocation of Special Needs Assistants for the 2018/2019 was 8.83 posts.
Our Special Education Teaching allocation was 177.5 hours.
The enrolment for the school year was 327 pupils.
- The school celebrated its Diamond Jubilee.
- 6th class participated in the National Children’s Choir and performed in the National Basketball Arena in Tallaght.
- The school took part in athletics in Santry.
- 5th classes represented the school in Dublin 10 Science Fair.
- 5th classes took part in the Junior Entrepreneurial Awards.
- Room 19 took part in a science programme in UCD.
- Pupils from 5th & 6th produced their own animations in collaboration with Ballyfermot College of Further Education.
- 2nd class received their First Penance and First Holy Communion.
- 6th class made their Confirmation.
- 1st & 2nd class pupils took part in the Tradoodle music programme.
- Room 20 worked as artists with students from NCAD.
- Pupils from 3rd – 5th class took part in the Accelerated Reading Programme.
- Early Start pupils participated in the Storytime Project.
- Christmas, Easter and summer concerts occurred.
- The school had a DEIS inspection in May 2019 and the report is available on the Department’s website.
We greatly appreciate the fantastic fundraising completed by our Parents Association this year. The above investments and improvements could not possibly be achieved without your support. The Board of Management wishes you all a very happy summer break.
Sr. Sr. Claire McKiernan Alma Quinn