The Board of Management of St. Louise de Marillac Primary School wishes to confirm the following report of items, completed by the previous Board (up to 30th November 2019) and the current Board during the school year 2019-20.
The Board reviewed and ratified the following school policies:
- PE Plan
- English Plan
- Drama Plan
- E-Learning Policy & Internet Acceptable Use Policy
- Visual Arts Plan
- Code of Behaviour
- HSCL Policy
- Parents as Partners Policy
- Homework Policy
- School Tours & Fieldtrips Policy
- Substance Use Policy
- Administration of Short-term Medication Policy
- Dignity in the Workplace Policy
- The Strategy for School Attendance
- Child Safeguarding Statement & Risk Assessment (annual review)
- Admissions Policy
The Board received grants from the Department of Education & Skills for the following:
- Early Start Equipment & Parental Involvement
- Early Start Capitation Grant
- Minor Works
- Capitation Grant
- Assistive Technology
- Concessionary Ancillary Payment
- Ancillary Services
- ICT Grant
- Standardised Testing
- School Books
- DEIS SSP
- School Lunch Scheme was provided by the Department of Social Protection
Outside of the necessary running cost of the school, the Board made financial investment and improvement in:
- Accelerated Reading resources
- Literacy Resources
- Provision of play therapy (PiPs)
- Music Classes
- Minor Works to school building
The overall attendance rate for the school year was 92.1%.
- SNA Allocation
The allocation of Special Needs Assistants for the 2019/2020 was 7.83 posts.
Our Special Education Teaching allocation was 183 hours.
The enrolment for the school year was 313 pupils.
- 6th Class participated in the Peace Proms in the RDS.
- Launch of our 60th anniversary book took place.
- 1st Class participated in the Cór Fhéile in the National Basketball Arena in Tallaght.
- 4th Class, Room 16, took part in a science programme in UCD.
- A Christmas concert was performed.
- 1st & 2nd Class pupils took part in the Tradoodle music programme.
- Pupils from 3rd– 6th Class took part in the Accelerated Reading Programme.
- 1st Class participated in a writing programme with Caritas College.
- Seachtain na Gaeilge was celebrated in March.
- Early Start pupils participated in the Storytime Project.
We greatly appreciate the fantastic fundraising completed by our Parents’ Association this year. The above investments and improvements could not possibly be achieved without your support. The Board of Management wishes you all a very happy summer break.
Gerry Berry Alma Quinn